To all of our valued guests,
Widgi Creek Golf Club is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy environment for all of our employees and customers. We will be back open for business this Thursday, March 26th and will be working with some stringent policies in place for all of us to remain safe.
We will be sanitizing all regular points of contact in the pro shop as well as all restrooms and entry points. We recommend you be prepared with your own sanitizing wipes, if you feel it necessary.
To keep our employees and guests safe, all of our team members will wear gloves and are to wash their hands often. Our team is wiping the clubhouse indoor surfaces and all door handles (interior and exterior) with disinfectant throughout the day. We are washing down all carts after each use and sanitizing steering wheels, seats, arm rests, dashboards and switches. Our staff will maintain a distance of 6 feet between themselves and guests during all interactions. We will not be meeting you at the cart drop-off to aid you with your golf clubs.
Social Distancing Policies we are requiring are as follows:
- We ask each person to maintain at least 6 feet from any other persons. Golfers should not pick up stray balls, touch other players gear, no high fives- no handshakes.
- Please leave the flagstick in the cup and refrain from touching it (reminder, this is legal within the rules of golf). Cups will be inverted in the holes and flagsticks are to remain in the hole at all times.
- Practice greens will have cup less flagsticks that, again, you will refrain from touching.
- Every group of up to 4 players may only make their way to any tee box once the group ahead is off the boxes and on their way to the next shot.
- Walking the course is recommended. Power carts are available to rent, single-riders only (excluding family members and roommates) on a first-come, first-serve basis. Again, our staff will be sanitizing the golf carts thoroughly after each and every use.
- All bunker rakes and ball washers have been removed from the course to eliminate any potential touching.
- Range balls will be available from the golf shop. Range buckets will be sanitized in between each use. There will also be extra space between the range stations for your safety.
- The Handicap Computer in the pro shop hallway will be turned off to eliminate potential keyboard touching. Please post scores from your phone or home.
- The pro shop will be open and limited to 4 guests at a time. Golfers will be encouraged to prepay over the phone and that will allow them to be called to the tee box without ever coming into the shop. If you book online, please call ahead of your time to prepay over the phone. Members may simply head to the tee box at their corresponding time as we call the start times from the pro shop.
We feel that if all of us follow these policies here at Widgi Creek, that we may all stay safe from this coronavirus and we can continue to safely enjoy the great outdoors that can only be found here in Central Oregon.
Thank you for trusting and supporting Widgi Creek Golf Club during these extraordinary, challenging times. We will continue to closely monitor this situation and make ongoing adjustments as deemed necessary.
Thanks again and see you all soon!!
It isn’t enough that we think Widgi Creek offers some of the best golf in a region saturated with excellent and well-reviewed golf courses. What matters is that the people who play Widgi Creek feel the same way. That’s why we’re proud that Widgi Creek was named “”Favorite Golf Course”” by the readers of the Bend Bulletin in 2006. What’s more, readers of The Source, Bend’s free weekly newspaper, have voted Widgi Creek their favorite golf course seven of the last eight years. Golf Digest rates us annually among its “”Best Places to Play,”” and in 1995 the course was named among the best “”new courses”” of the year.